WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 vs WD60EFRX-68L0BN1

Mr_Jay84

Hello All

Looking to hear from owners of these drives. I'm having read error issues with the 68MYMN1 version on spin up from powered down mode yet the 68L0BN1 version (same model) has no issues. Has anyone else had the same problems?

I've tried different SATA cables, power chains, Single rail. Nothing makes any difference.

See this post for more on this subject 

Edited by Mr_Jay84
  • 1 year later...

Hi!

A bit late to the topic but here is what I experienced:

I have a WDC WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 hard drive that has been causing problems for 5 years (when I started using unraid). Although I've tried troubleshooting it a few times, I haven't found any solutions.

Initially, I thought the drive might be failing or there was something wrong with my setup, so I started using it as an additional parity drive. However, it always starts to count errors after running for a while, although all parity checks and extended SMART tests have been successful over the years.
I recently upgraded my unraid server and am now using a SAS card, but the drive continues to exhibit the same behavior. Additionally, it sometimes gets disabled after running for 1-3 weeks. Once, it happened exactly when I clicked on the spin-up/spin-down button, so I'm not sure if this is related to the spinning state. I've tried switching cables and controllers, but it hasn't made a difference.

WDC WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 log.txt

Edited by dedi