One Drive disabled, rebuild, but drive ends up empty?

So, my disk6 (8TB drive with approx  5TB of data) started showing 6000+ errors and became disabled, then it became unmountable, so I dropped it out of the array, restarted the array, started array and added it back in in the same position, it made me reformat the drive to mount and then started rebuilding. 6 hours in another drive disk11 (empty) disabled with lots of errors. Rebuild completed, disk 6 now green but with no data on it whatsoever, disk11 still disabled as I didn't want to do anything with it until disk 6 had rebuilt. No so bothered by the data lose on disk6 I can restore. But trying to find out what has happened? did I do something wrong? why drives disabling when there seems to be nothing wrong with them? (smart report looks fine), all have brand new cables. Just not sure.

kaha-diagnostics-20210821-1008.zip

2 hours ago, Kiwiconcord said:

it made me reformat the drive to mount

It didn't make you do that. In fact I'm pretty sure it warns you not to.

You could have left it unmountable and then we could have fixed that problem separately from the rebuild.

Format is NEVER part of a rebuild.

Format means "write an empty filesystem to this disk". That is what it has always meant in every operating system you have ever used.

Unraid treats that write operation just as it does any other, by updating parity. It has to so parity remains valid.

So, after formatting a disk in the parity array, parity agrees the disk has an empty filesystem, and rebuilding it can only result in an empty filesystem.

Syslog is in RAM and so it starts over when you reboot. Since you rebooted after the disks became disabled, we can't see anything in syslog about what might have caused it. Do you have an earlier syslog or diagnostic that might show that?

SMART attributes for disk11 look fine, though it has recorded a few connection issues (UDMA CRC Errors), and no extended SMART test has been run on it.

SMART attributes for disk6 look fine. Looks like you tried to run extended SMART test but it got interrupted. You will probably have to disable spindown on the disk to get the test to complete.

05:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s RAID Controller [1b4b:9230] (rev 11)
06:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9128 PCIe SATA 6 Gb/s RAID controller [1b4b:9128] (rev 20)

Marvell controllers are NOT recommended and a likely reason for your troubles.