Proper MNT location for copying vs downloads

Hi! I'm new to the storage array scene. I recently purchased (4) 16TB drives, 1 for parity, the drives are in a share called UnraidNAS.

Before buying these drives I have been using a WDNAS drive that I was able to mount to the Unraid server at /mnt/remotes/WDNAS_Public/

Within WDNAS, I have a PLEX folder that holds a folder structure of my media.

My questions are,

When moving the PLEX folder from WDNAS, what is the proper location to move this to?

It's about 7.1TB of data, and I have a 1TB NVME Cache.

I would want to skip cache for bulk moves, correct?

Would I SSH, and use 'cp -rg /mnt/remotes/WDNAS_Public/PLEX /mnt/user0/UnraidNAS' to mitigate filling up the cache?
Or is it better to go 'cp -rg /mnt/remotes/WDNAS_Public/PLEX /mnt/disk1/UnraidNAS' , straight to disk1?

For clarity, since the above question is about a bulk move, it is true that /mnt/nas/UnraidNAS/ is what I would link 99% of the time to my containers so that it quickly gets moved to cache, and scheduled to be moved by the scheduler, correct?

Is there a fix for the bug where if you move files from disk1 to user, you lose your data?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, ibphantom said:

true that /mnt/nas/UnraidNAS/ is what I would link 99%

I assume a typo. The path is /mnt/user/UnraidNAS

11 minutes ago, ibphantom said:

skip cache for bulk moves, correct?

yes

Instead of worrying about whether to use disk1 or user0, you could just set the share to not use cache until finished with your bulk move.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

I assume a typo. The path is /mnt/user/UnraidNAS

yes

Instead of worrying about whether to use disk1 or user0, you could just set the share to not use cache until finished with your bulk move.

Thank you, @trurl

Reference for anyone else reading this in the future.

In Unraid,

Go to the Shares tab, Click your share(in my case UnraidNAS), and Change "Use cache pool (for new files/directories):" to 'NO', then Apply your change.
Then, move the files to /mnt/user/UnraidNAS/

(/mnt/user/ is where you should be mounting to, for any share)

Once the file transfer is complete, go back to Shares, and enable the cache pool.