[SOLVED] Alert [TOWER] - Parity 2 in error state (disk dsbl)

jsN

Hi!

I've just discovered that my Parity 2 disk has been disabled and is in error state

07-09-2021 18:50Unraid Parity 2 errorAlert [TOWER] - Parity 2 in error state (disk dsbl)MB3000FCWDH_Z1Z0VEQ50000C348AX17_35000c50056c10d63 (sdm)

Surprised I haven't noticed sooner! On the day that the drive has been disabled I did replace my CPU coolers so it's possible I've knocked the cabling a little and I know the temperatures are rather high (hot weather at the moment).

I've attached the diagnostics log, would anyone be able to help determined if the disk is at fault or possibly just been disabled because of cabling or something? Thanks! :) 

tower-diagnostics-20210909-1149.zip

33 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Looks more like a connection problem, check/replace cables and re-sync.

How would I do this? Shutdown, check cabling and boot again?

33 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Make sure you enable system notifications.

Usually is, looks like I may have changed permissions on Gmail and it's being blocked :/

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Replace the cable or swap with parity1 and try again.

Thanks JorgeB,

I was unable to swap cables between parity1 with 2 due to the internal layout :( - parity1 connects to 1 HBA and parity2 connects to another on separate fan out cables with restrictions between the disks so it's a little awkward to do this. 

I've replaced the disks cable with a spare off the same SAS fan out and currently rebuilding. If this isn't successful should I replace the disk and try again?

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Alert [TOWER] - Parity 2 in error state (disk dsbl)