CPU Pinning Changes Deleted Several Docker Containers

Ignatious11

Posting here in 'Docker Engine' as Docker Containers wasn't available. Also total noob here. I'm guessing the solution to this issue will be 'shut down the dockers before changing the CPU pinning.' That said, however, I had changed the pinning in the past without issues, so my concern is that there is something awry that I'm not seeing. Would greatly appreciate another set of eyes on this so I can avoid any further complications. 

tower-diagnostics-20210910-0923.zip tower-syslog-20210910-1322.zip

Thanks for getting back to me. One of my VMs (Windows 10x64) was acting a little laggy. Suspecting the CPU, I looked at the CPU pinning settings to realize that several docker containers (Bitnode, Ravenode, Jdownloader, Krusader) were not pinned to any cores. I have 16 logical cores on this server, 8 of which pinned by the Win10x64 VM, so I pinned the containers to an open dual set of cores. Upon clicking 'Apply' the 'Updating' spinning wheel appeared in front of each container. This went on for a couple minutes with no change so I began to watch TV and forgot about it. At least an hour later when I checked back, still the same story. Figuring a error, I hit refresh on the browser page and when it reloaded the containers were no longer listed on the CPU Pinning page. When I clicked over to the Docker tab, they were missing there as well. Hoping for the best, I rebooted the sever but they still appeared to be missing. 

This is the point at which I wrote the post. Afterwards, I attempted to reinstall the containers using the pre-existing images and appdata (or whatever) but they wouldn't function properly despite having the appear of proper configuration using the previous data/settings. So, I ended up having to reinstall all of them after deleting any previously existing data, images, or settings.

• 1 year later...

No one else had this issue? I got it today, as I wanted to pin some containers. Running on 6.12.3. 

So I pinned a couple of containers, hit apply, after some minutes I added another container and hit apply. Some containers worked, some are deleted. I guess the ones that were finished are there, but those which were in the process after hitting the second time "apply" now died.