Server Crashes within 1 hour

fluboy

Hello,

I'm currently struggling with my Unraid server as it keeps crashing within the first hour after Start-up (with Started array including parity check and Correction). Im running Unraid 6.9.2

The Server used to work without any Problems up to around a Week ago.

I have done following things trying to fix it:

Safe Mode

Disabling C-States and Set Power Supply Idle Control to Typical Current Idle (Ryzen 3600 build)

Fix Common Problems App (only one Folder with problematic Userrights (Trash folder from krusader)

Cleanup Appdata

Firmware Update of the Motherboard

2 Passes of Memtest

Last week i had installed: GluetunVPN, binhex qbittorrentvpn and Jellyfin AMD Intel Nvidia.

I have since then deleted these Apps and used to "Cleanup Appdata" tool to delete left overs.

As the Server crashes (no Web login or local login possible) and i have to hardreset i can't get the logs most of the time.

I'm adding two logs:

The "210915 anon" and "210914".

210915 anon is basically everything I could retrieve from a todays crash (i have X-ed out the IP-Adresses even if they are local.

210914 is from a crash that was building up yesterday that i could download seconds before the crash. As it was System Log instead of the Diagnostics i have only included the Part that is probably relevant.

I wanted to ask if anyone has an idea what the problem could be.

Otherwise my next steps would have to be to try fixing the USB drive (maybe corrupt Unraid?), but unfortunalty i don't have an working Backup left.

Currently I'm trying to make a Parity Check without Corretion.

Otherwise i might check out if it is a specific drive that is being problematic.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Kind Regards

Patrick

210915 anon.txt 210914.txt

server-diagnostics-20210915-2238.zip

Edited by fluboy
have added Current Server Diagnostics (without Error) for other necessary information about the server.
34 minutes ago, fluboy said:

it keeps crashing within the first hour after Start-up (with Started array including parity check and Correction). Im running Unraid 6.9.2

The Server used to work without any Problems up to around a Week ago.

Please define crashing, specifically what is on the screen, power state or responsiveness after the crash.

Those symptoms sound like hardware issues, not software. Will it complete multiple hours of memtest without issue?

Crashing in this case means that the Monitor states that there is no more Video Input (Graphics Card Output as i have no iGPU) and the Server is also not responsive to any Network activity. The Server is still drawing power like in idle state.

I had memtest running today for >10 hours without any problems.

Also for some reason every time the server boots up after a restart i receive a notification (autonotification via telegram) that a Parity Check finished with 185 Errors (duration 10h, 18min, 3secs.), even though the Parity couldnt have finished within the timeframe of the last reboot. This duration does also not equal to the last successfull paritycheck by the history.

Interestingly enough, i have started a parity check without correction and this one has been going for more than an hour, so maybe there is a problem with a parity correction. I'll be able to tell more if it fails or tomorrow as the estimated time is around 12 hours.