Jump to content

All disks show as no device


bkendel

Recommended Posts

I am trying to find out if there is something I can try before I shut down the server and start replacing parts.

On Monday, Jellyfin stopped responding. I thought a cache was full but all cache said they had room. I stopped and restarted the array anyway. Jelly fin worked for about ten minutes then stopped. Then, I stopped the dockers and some drives showed up as unassigned. I stopped the array which resulted in Parity drive 1 and disk 1 showing “no device” and showed the missing drive name. Even though, I haven't change anything, now Parity drive 1 and disk 1 still show as "no device", yet don't even have the missing drive names and the rest of the drives are showing "no device" with the missing drive names.


I have not stopped the server yet. It’s been running for 4 months now. It’s on Unraid version 6.9.2

Fix common Problems shows

1314263633_FixCommonProblems.thumb.png.10b887578c6882be6dc097de696a7bf2.png
mcelog shows

mcelog.png.599b9f184b3e04763a7b3de5ac858a84.png
Array Devices shows

1119934715_ArrayDevices.thumb.png.2194861345e26784bca0d9f347301ec1.png
I thinks the problem starts in the syslog.txt at Sep 20 18:57
beast-diagnostics-20210921-2120.zip
 

Link to comment

I don’t know of any power or cooling issues.
The server has two 1100w power supplies. One on them is on a 900 Watt APC UPS RS 1500MS on a 108 watt load.
For temps
Inlet_Temp = 25
Exhaust_Temp = 35
CPU1_Temp = 45
CPU2_Temp = 44
The highest temp on a CPU I have seen is 55C before the fans rev up and bring it down under 50C
Please give any suggestions on where I can check for power or cooling problems or test I can run to find them .
Thanks

Link to comment

I think you are right about the controller.
I rebooted it and the same errors of “no device”
I tried again with the power removed. It started the array with 4 disks and filled the log file to 100% with read errors faster than I could check it.
334755944_ArrayDeviceswitherrors.thumb.png.bdff5892882978ec81d73dc3a759a846.png

Then all 6 disks showed up in Unassigned Devices and the system was almost completely unresponsive.
1094231634_unassigneddevices.thumb.png.406e6723e53199879307527ad47ca33b.png

All cores where at 100%. I was able to stop all the dockers that auto start but could not get the array to stop. I waited an hour then did a system shutdown. I let the system run for two hours then I had to you the idrac to force a shutdown.


I removed all drives from the system and it starts with no problems. I am going to order another H310 mini in IT mode but that is going to take a month to get. In the meantime I am going to get a new HDD and see if the system can do a pre clear on a new drive.


Thanks for your help trurl

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...