Networking suggestions

ucliker

I recently moved and need to upgrade my network. I am tired of fighting with the Frontier ISP router and the horrible wifi range. I was thinking Ubiquiti Unifi system or an Aruba Instant On. I really want something that's software defined but and not CLI. I'm sure many users here have decent networking setups so any input would be appreciated. 

I had Ubiquiti (technically still have the EdgeRouter X and 2x Unifi AP-AC-Lite).

I switched to 2x Aruba Instant On and use an old PC for PFSense.

I felt like the Aruba were easier to configure, but not a lot. If it wasn't for power-outages, I think this setup would have uptime measured in years at this point. 

Not that UBN wouldn't, it's that I ran Unfi controller docker on my unraid and if power was out I couldn't make updates to my router or my AP's to switch my source.  My pfsense box and 1 Aruba AP will run for almost an hour on the UPS I use for them, so I haven't run into that problem again since I switched.  I've also learned that the AC Lites were updated in the years after I bought them, so that they can be configured individually in a manner similar to the Aruba's (the Unifi Controller software is no longer required for setting them up).

Edited by whipdancer

So basically I can't go wrong with either one? I have a TP-Link router (TL-R600VPN) but it seems to get bogged down quickly its also not compatible with the TP-Link Omada software or I would just got that route.

So Aruba Instant On doesn't have a router? I guess I could also run pfsense.