[SOLVED] Unraid cannot be detected by my network if I do a reboot. But then will work if I change my flashdrive to a different port.

[SOLVED]

Okay, so I have an MSI motherboard... if you have the same go into your bios settings and disable fast-boot. This fixed my problem.

EDIT: I have edited the titled of this thread to something more relevant to the problem if future users encounter the same issue

EDIT 2: Okay I have nailed the problem down to this... Unraid will boot IF and only IF I unplug my usb flashdrive and plug it back in. And yes, I am using USB 2.0 ports and when I unplug the flashdrive from one USB 2.0 port and plug it into another, it boots up perfect - doesn't matter which port, both boot reliably if I switch to them. So basically, Unraid works perfect first time plugged in and booting up, but the moment I do any sort of reboot, it's as though my server cannot even be detected on my network as well as the flashdrive.

I can get Unraid to boot, but not reboot reliably.

Hi all,

To preface this, I'm a complete newb so forgive me if I'm missing something fundamental here...

So, I've been encountering a problem when trying to build my unraid server for the first time.

Basically, I've installed unraid on my flashdrive, plugged it in, it boots up with "tower" as the default name and an assigned ip addressed via DHCP. Once done, I activate the unraid trial and boo-yah! all is well. The problem I then encounter is whenever I try to reboot my server or shut it down during this testing and setup phase, the server then cannot be found on my network via my webgui once it has been booted up again.

The only settings I've changed are this:

• Changed my servers name from 'tower' to the name of my choice
  • set a password for my root user
  • back up my flash drive and set my flashdrive to private

That's it, nothing else was changed. I then reboot my server so the name change and other settings can take effect and poof! my server cannot be connected to....

I have no idea how to re-access the gui directly from my server and nothing I try works when trying to access the webgui either, not the name (old and new) or even the ip address.

Does anyone know what the right course of action is from here?

celsus-diagnostics-20211016-1555.zip

Edited by TheGreatGibbon
  • TheGreatGibbon changed the title to [SOLVED] Unraid cannot be detected by my network if I do a reboot. But then will work if I change my flashdrive to a different port.