Unable to complete Parity

klips

Having backup my data somewhere, I had recently changed all my HDDs and SDD in my array and cache, and started as new config.

I have had issues completing the parity check/build.

All smart checks on disks passed. I checked the cables and reseated them for good measures; and parity would run overnight and seem to 'hang', leaving me no choice but to power cycle. Parity sync/rebuild would start fast (200MB/sec), and degrades to around 10MB/sec and - no progress even if I leave it overnight. At this stage, I can't get response from GUI (cancel the sync), nor get a diagnosis report.  

I notice I have high Disk Shift in some of my Disk's SMART, but thats all I see. 

This went on for past two weeks and I can't seem to understand why. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I did SMART tests on all disk and they turn out okay. I just restarted the parity sync, with new config, I attached diagnostic I managed to capture just when the parity-sync starts to degrades to around 20MB/sec. 

Thanks.

planetdata-diagnostics-20211023-0940.zip

Edited by klips
4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

The HBA is constantly crashing, try updating to latest firmware and/or using it in a different slot if available.

Thanks. Managed to get flash the latest firmware, and now restarting the sync. 

Attached diagnostic for reference.planetdata-diagnostics-20211023-1835.zip

Appreciate any advice to move on.

PS: In parallel, I had email Asrock on availability of firmware on their side. Not putting too much hope as it is a very old MB. 

Edited by klips
Add parallel action being explored