NVME blk_update_request: I/O error

Has anyone dealt with this before? This NVME was working. I attempted a search on the forums and found nothing that would resolve this issue. I attempted to format the NVME in XFS and BTRFS. I even swapped locations with the other NVME to make sure this wasn't an issue on the motherboard. I continually get the following errors. And the NVME becomes unmountable. It is brand new and my first unRAID build. Any help would be great. I'm hoping it's not bad from the get go. It's intended use will be for VMs. I have another NVME that will run dockers and an SSD for caching.

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev nvme0n1, sector 2048 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 0

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 0, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 0, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 4, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 8, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 16, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 32, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 64, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 128, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 256, async page read

Oct 28 13:11:14 Tower kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev nvme0n1p1, logical block 512, async page read

***Update***

Stopped the array to attempt an erase on the NVME and it has dropped off the face of the earth. This happened before when I swapped the NVMEs positions to eliminate the motherboard being the issue. If I reboot it comes back up, but run into the same issues. I'm running a Gigabyte C-246 WU4 mb, 2 m.2 NVMEs, 1 SSD, 32GB RAM, PNY P2200 GPU, Intel i7 9700K, and 4 WD Plus 14TB drives if that's any consolation.

After trying multiple t/s steps, I've decided to throw in the towel and send it back. If it's going to drop regardless of which m.2 slot I stick it in, it is apparent this stick it dead. 

Edited by blackbullitt