Questions before I move to Unraid

Verme123

To preface, I'm going to move over to Unraid shortly, however I have a 16 port adaptec hba card on the way from China, which will take forever to arrive. I have a few questions regarding the general moveover:

1) Can I swap out the 8 port sata controller I have right now to the 16 port hba card when it arrives? I'm assuming that the drives pass through to unraid either way, which should be ok, but who knows..

2) Should I wait for the next version of unraid because of possible zfs support? I have no idea on this one, I have no problem using the default file systems for unraid as it is now... just more curious than anything.

3) Does unraid work with multiple video cards? I was going to put my quadro p2000 and configure it for hw encoding in plex. I'd also like to run some virtual machines and don't want the system to hard lock up so I was thinking this was an option, I have an older gtx970 which can also be used. Not sure if this is worth the setup trouble.

Any other tips for use new folks? I watched some spaceinvader youtube vids on setting up some popular community apps, as well as configuring hw encoding for plex, and using the vpn pass-through in a docker, with another docker ... ie - passthru my sabnzbd docker into the deluge vpn docker for a vpn connection. Anyhoo, thanks in advance for any advice and information, cheers.

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have a link for that?

I do have the description, not sure if that helps:

Adaptec ASR 71605 1GB 16Port PCIe Raid w/ Battery & 4x Cables SFF-8643 to SATA

I should mention compared to the LSI cards, there is no IT mode needed, you can directly choose passthrough or raid. Passthrough is the obvious choice in this case, thanks.

Edited by Verme