3080ti passthrough to VM sketchy at best

bhootz

While I've followed probably many guides on how to create a rom/dump file, I've always had mixed results. Recently i updated my Mobo bios and my passed through vm didn't show up.

Then started the struggle. I created many machines over and over again, sometimes the video wouldn't passthrough, other times the infamous error 127, other times i got video but my mouse and keyboard wouldn't work. On this occasion I took the help of vnc to install the windows and then when I tried to passthrough the video card, it wouldn't work.

I'm not a hater here, I've been on the platform for about a year now, but my gaming rig is suffering. Rest of the features are great and I've no complaints.

Also just a side note. I have a 3600MHz ram (4x16G) and certain times while trying to run the vm I've had reboots. Is 3600 (docp) acceptable? Done chart showed AMD being allowed 2133.

Hardware

Mobo Asus dark hero x570

Amd 5900x

Corsair 3600

Xpg nvme 

Rog Strix 3080ti

Quadro p2200

Razer Naga Trinity/hunter elite

MSI mag27 qrf-qd

Honestly I'm very much in a sinking ship where I might try PopOS to run games or maybe switch to windows barebones to run the gaming rig. I don't want to but this is frustrating as one would imagine. Please help. Thank you.