No GUI after VLAN tag change [SOLVED]

noja
Go to solution Solved by noja,

I got a new pfsense firewall installed today and had to change the previous lan into a VLAN with a tag.  The new LAN is exactly the same so that all my static IPs could stick around, but now it has a VLAN tag whereas before it didn't.  Both of my Unraid servers are fully accessible via SSH and the NFS/SMB connections are working fine, but docker containers and GUI are inaccessible.  Is there config that I missed that I can edit through SSH?

So logs say something like:

"Dec 30 13:56:09 SERVER-NAME nginx: 2021/12/30 13:56:09 [error] 32152#32152: *19991992 auth request unexpected  status: 502 while sending to client, client: 172.16.XXX.XX, server: , request: "GET /Dashboard HTTP/2.0", host: "LOTSOFLETTERS&NUMBERS.unraid.net"

Edited by noja
8 minutes ago, TuskenUnRaider said:

I just had same issue, I had to manually set gateway on vlan to higher priority than "main" interface by setting default gateway metric on vlan to 1, and "main" interface to a higher number like 5 or 10. My issue was I could no longer access /Docker management page, this fixed it.

Thanks for the help! So I've set the VLAN to 1, but how do I change the "main" interface to something else? My "main" interface isn't a VLAN.  

• Solution

To anyone looking for this in the future, I never did sort out why the networking wouldn't work.  My solution was to create a new VLAN for my servers like I had been planning for a long time.  Setting the static IPs over to the new VLAN flushed whatever issues arose and everything works fine.  I had to connect directly to the servers and reboot in GUI mode and I set the IPs that way.  I have to assume that if I switched the IPs back to the original VLAN, life would work again, but I'm not going to test that now that I've set things up the way they should have been done in the first place. 

• noja changed the title to No GUI after VLAN tag change [SOLVED]