Strange 4,096 Bytes Size

Here is the scenario. I will format my laptop and will backup my files in it. I cut my files and paste it on my Seagate HDD. When I finished formating my laptop, I cut and paste back again the same files back to my laptop. I noticed there is a changed in size on my Seagate HDD.

USED SPACE

Before: 1,101,750,411,264
After: 1,101,750,415,360

There is 4,096 bytes difference.

What do you think it is? Please check these pictures.

Before:

https://imgur.com/a/c6nnEHJ

9C544EA5-4378-416F-9C65-2974FA79B95E.thumb.jpeg.b86baf6d77d78aa57628051379803be8.jpeg

After:

https://imgur.com/a/0UUkFZ0

A0BA7EE4-A19C-4D03-AB95-CBCBF1B2AEAC.thumb.jpeg.d3b741e8fb3ecc621c12d507649c50af.jpeg

Edited by Danvic

It shows up if you have Windows set to display system protected files, and tends to be created in every folder when you browse into it (stores display options etc).  Only a couple hundred bytes in size but once you take into consideration the smallest possible file size of 4K it fits nicely into what you're seeing.

8 hours ago, Squid said:

It shows up if you have Windows set to display system protected files, and tends to be created in every folder when you browse into it (stores display options etc).  Only a couple hundred bytes in size but once you take into consideration the smallest possible file size of 4K it fits nicely into what you're seeing.

So it is automatically created when you cut/copy paste on a storage device like external HDD?