Cannot access GUI, but can ssh into server.

Hello all,

I understand that there are many posts about not accessing GUI, but none of the fixes have helped me. 

Background Info:

- I had noticed a few days ago that I could not log into the GUI, it seemed that everything else, dockers and vms and smb were working. 

- I chose to reboot because I needed to access GUI for Sonar/radar downloads.

- When I rebooted I used the powerdown -r command.  It restarted no problem but then the array was not started. 

- I still couldn't access GUI...

- I rebooted manually at this point....still no GUI, but can still access via ssh.

Currently:

- I have reformatted the flash drive a few months ago and do not want to do it again if it is even the issue.  (don't know if it is or not)

- I know logs will be asked for, I do not know which exactly nor the proper command.  

- I have attached a syslog to begin with. 

- I am able to run the diagnostics command and it created a file.  How do I access this via command line and download via terminal?  (although this was run after the reboot)

I would greatly appreciate any help to avoid loosing any configuration or information. 

Thank you

syslog.docx

Edited by drumking53
Missing information

So I was able to:

1. change the "disk.cfg" file from the usb boot drive and changed the "startArray="no"" to "startArray="yes""

2. then I was able to ssh and remotely start my docker containers. 

Everything seems to be running as it use to.  However, I still cannot access the GUI.