Does Unraid support I5-12600 fully plex?

speelgoedauto2

Hi all, 

For almost 2 years now i'm running a dedicated Plex Server on my Unraid machine. 
The machine is only used for Plex, Radarr, Sonarr etc. (only this corner stuff) 

Right now im using a I5-10400 CPU with a 630IGPU for all my transcoding etc. 
Im looking to upgrade this CPU to a 15-12600 with a 770IGPU. 

The reason for this is that i'm busy to convert my entire libary to x265 and in some cases to x265 10bit. I dont want and need 4k*
I dont want to force my clients to all buy an expensive shield (Plex is my hobby and people can join for free) so thats why i wanna upgrade it. 
Clients know that their settings should "remote quality max/originale"  but some older clients - chromecast- doesnt support x265.
So not everyone is using my HW. In peak hours i have arround 10 simultaneously streams and maybe 70% is direct play. 
My libary has content around 4-12GB and like i said, nothing is 4K. I have a 1gig in and out network.
Yesterday for example i saw that one client was using 30% of CPU power because it was needed to HW x265 10 bit to the chromecast.

Converting everything to 265 is done by my main PC with a 1660TI, so nothing with Unraid. 

My question is; is Plex/Unraid fully function with the 770IGPU and QS? Or is it still in beta version or something?
Can i just switch the CPU, activite QS in the Plex Docker and done?
Keep in mind that i'm NOT an total IT engineer and that i almost never use a CLI. I learned everything from forums and google lol. 

Cheers all!! 

Take a quick read through these 2 threads, but a quick coles notes on the subject is HDR tone mapping does not work yet with the 12th gen IGPU's, I recently tested this myself and was able to HW transcode on my setup (12600k) 4k HEVC/H.265 file correctly with HDR tone mapping disabled, but not enabled. There has also been some stability issues reported with the i915 module (not just for 12 series), I have only experienced this crash one time with my setup so far when trying to download via plex (transcoding down to a smaller file size for offline mobile use). But I honestly don't transcode much as nearly all of my content is direct streamed, so I have disabled my HW transcoding for now until this issue is resolved. But seeing as you are currently running ok with your setup, maybe this wont be an issue for you, but figured it was worth noting just in case.