Advice on Syncing from Amazon Photos, Synology, Plex NAS, Mobile Phone Dating Syncing

Froz

Multi-threaded thread.  ;)  Newish to unraid but have been running Plex and Homeassistant VM on it for awhile and all seems pretty cool.  

Four hopefully quick questions:
1)  to map drives from a docker container to another NAS, any suggestions on NFS vs. SMB?  I'm mapping my plex library from my Syno to my Plex Docker Container.  I see some log spamming in dmesg but all seems to work ok. ie: 

[1517539.425588] nfs: server DISKSTATION not responding, still trying
[1517539.425596] call_decode: 6 callbacks suppressed
[1517539.425596] nfs: server DISKSTATION OK

2)  Anyone have any suggestion on the best way to backup Syno to an UnRaid server and vice Versa for select volumes? 

3)  Before Amazon sucked and killed their API I had Syno cloud station really nicely syncing the data from my phones that uploaded to AMZ Photo down home.  I've never been able to replicate this..  Any advice to do this on Unraid as it's a bit more flexible? Worst workaround I could think of is running a windows VM just with amazon drive?  #isuddenlyfeelbloaty.

4)  Looking at forgoing the Amazon/Google/etc cloud sync and hosting the target on Unraid.  Is NextCloud the best setup for multi OS mobile devices and data copies?  

Probably could split this up into 4 threads but seems spammy.   Thanks all for advice on one or many of the above. 

Edited by Froz