question: Seperate Networking for unraid GUI and Shares (and also dockers)

Vinster411

New to unraid, I've setup a server and am about halfway in my 30 day trial.. so far it's been good.

I've been hunting through the threads for the last week and I didn't see specifically what I was looking for.

I have a Server with six (6) Ethernet connections, I was wondering if it is possible to isolate the configuration GUI to a specific port and then have the shares on a separate port?

I have 2 networks in my home, one for everything and a second (small isolated with no internet access) for connecting to my servers remote management. I would like to include the unraid configuration GUI to this same network.

Is that possible?

The other question that is an adder is, can I do this as well for dockers? THis one I have see asked before, but there wasn't a response.

Vin

It would be possible with a reverse proxy (like nginx) in a docker image that bound a web port to your specific nic.

I have a post here asking them to expose ip:port syntax for portmapping, which they do not right now.

I am surprised, though, that the unraid webserver doesn't bind to all adapters (0.0.0.0) seeing as I'm having this kind of problem with docker...

You might be able to find where they keep the docker container config files that persist through reboots and edit them manually...  I haven't been looking yet, I had larger issues with CA management.

Or better yet, find the http config for unriad and bind only to the nic you want.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply. I was able to figure out how to separate the docker networking. though I was hoping to have individual ports for different dockers like you would for a VM. but one for all can work as well.

I'll have to play around with a reverse proxy. I don't see any documentation to reference, so I'll have to play with it. new ground here for me and I'm not in a huge rush.,

if I figure out something worth noting, I'll update the thread.

Vin