Would like some Code Help

kizer

I run XBMC like a lot of others and wanted to know if somebody would/could do some coding for me if they are well bored. ;) I use an app called MIP (Media Info Plus) for generating thumbs, fan art and grabbing the plot info. I have a folder on my XBMC machine called Images/TV/Fanart and my backgrounds ramdomly rotate when Im looking at the TV section, but honestly I keep forgetting to put forth the effort to dig thru my files and create individual images so it has something to rotate thru.

This is what I would like, but any help in where or how would be great.

- Run script

- Script would dive into /mnt/Tv/shows and look for fanart.jpg

- Script would find each fanart.jpg and note folder directory name and copy/rename file to /mnt/Tv/fanart, for example. Chuck-fanart.jpg

In the end I would have all my shows in /mnt/Tv/shows

Chuck-fanart.jpg

Mash-fanart.jpg

Weeds-fanart.jpg

on and on..............

I'm not trying to sound like an ass by asking, but its something I could use, but my skills are rather limited and it would be great if there was somebody who would use it or maybe use something like it. Maybe I would install it directly on my XBMC machine and have it run it and load up the images where they should go saving me all the effort in the end since it is running Linux.

I have found and updated a script that will do some of what you ask, it will go into your cache and copy all your fan arts into two folders (TV and Movies) inside a set folder. But it will not rename them so you will have 24b86.tbn which you wont be able to tell what it is untill you open it but if you are using this only as a folder for your screen saver to use it wont really mater what it is named.

Here is the forum post talking about it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=56153

Though the current version has a problem that I have fixed so here is my version. I have tried it and it works pretty well, will keep on working on the renaming problem.

script.video-fanart-splitter-0.2.0.zip

Nope I don't mind running it directly on my unraid server. Honestly I don't really care what the output of the file name is. I just figured keeping it nameoffolder-fanart.jpg would be pretty straight forward, but I have no objections to anything since I've grown really accustomed to logging via SCP and copying files over to:

.xbmc/images/Movies/

.xbmc/images/TV/

I attempted once to upgrade to 10.1, but honestly I had all kinds of issues with flickering or my Xbox Dongle/Remote was buggy so I just said Bah for now. LOL Some day I'll update my AsRock ION 330. There are so many cool things with the newer builds

I'm more or less looking for some example code now to try and bake it up myself if I have to. I just figured there are some pretty smart people here that might be up for a challenge or two. ;)