not storage related but need help from you smart people (=

carlos28355

Hey guys i know not storage related question but ive always gotten good help and i know theres a lot of smart people here...and i need your expertise i posted this in the form from the program its self but need answer asap very important

"Hello im new to UltraIso ive tried doing some searching around but cant get an answer. I have an all in one tool which is a bootable disc. i needed to go into it and edit some files so what i did was with imgburn i created an iso. then i extracted it made changes to the files and created the iso again. the original iso is about 1gb in size the edited version is about 8gb which all i did was edit files ini files in notepad so apparently the original iso or disc was compressed then when i extracted it it decompressed. so i need to either be able to edit the iso without extraction or some how be able to compress what i edited. any ideas? thanks"

ive never seen an iso compressed like that. its kind of strange. thanks again!

I don't feel I have enough info here, and I've never used UltraIso, so this may be off the mark.  An iso is just a simple file system.  With the right tool, you can open it up and see the files listed.  I assume that UltraIso should allow you to see the contents of the original iso, and you can then examine the file extensions, .zip, .rar, .7z, etc.  That should tell you what tool(s) are necessary to recompress those files, before creating an iso from the resulting set of files.  Don't know if this helps or not, but perhaps it will spark the right idea?

thanks for the response the iso is not like rar files or anything its an 11-1 boot disc tool and that includes all versions of windows XP. what i need to do is open the setup files for each OS and change them to an OEM version because the key on the laptop wont accept a retail install only OEM. then reburn the disc but like i said when i took the contents off the disc it went from 1gb to just over 8. which confuses me. an iso image is just a copy of the disk content without being in a rar zip or etc how can all those files be compressed and burnt as a bootable disc??? tried to open the 1gb iso with winrar i can see the files but i cannot edit them on the fly i would have to extract then edit them but like i said the files become huge