Array order after new config

xxsoulxx
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hi i wanted to remove a drive from the cache pool and did it like that :

Set EVERY share to Yes. and run the mover. It will take some time. Id recommend shutting any VMs and Dockers down during the process.

When that is done your cache drive should be empty. Set every share to No.

When you are sure the data is off and on the array navigate to Tools > New Config. and you will see a list of hdd's/ssd's with the option to Preserve current assignments: Select everything but your cache drives. (array needs to be stopped to do this)

Web UI should refresh and then you should shutdown if you want to remove the cache drive physically or if not you can now reassign them as you see fit.

4. If you aren't putting in another cache devices then you are good to go if you are you will need to set the shares you want on the cache drive to prefer. That will move the data off the array and back on to the cache drive.

5. When that is done you can change the shares back to what they were originally

I ticked preserve current assignments : array slots before.

now my array drives are unassigned devices not like they were before but i have to reorder them and unraid wants to clear the parity drive. The problem i have 3 10 TV drives in there but i don't know which drive was disk 1 and disk 2 and the array drive . When i now reorder them not as they were before will i loose data ? What should i do know is there a way to see which drive was the parity ?

Screenshot 2022-02-16 041956.jpg

Edited by xxsoulxx
  • Solution

Correct. Parity has no filesystem so it is not a mountable disk.

5 minutes ago, xxsoulxx said:

is it the sdd ?

Take note of the serial numbers, not sd. Unraid keeps track of the assignments by serial number. The sd may change, especially if you add, remove, or change disks in the future.

Thank you so much for the fast reply, i got a heart attack for a moment :D. Is this the best way to remove a cache pool drive or is there a better way ?

I will note the serial numbers once everything is running again i just want to check that sdd is the parity because its not mountable and no filesystem is showing.

And its normal that unraid wants to delete all data on the parity now ?

Screenshot 2022-02-16 043747.jpg

Edited by xxsoulxx

I just moved back my Dockers but they won't show up again in the docker tab.

I just checked locations in the docker settings but it seems to look right the paths are

Docker vDisk location:

/mnt/nvme_cache/system/docker/docker.img

Default appdata storage location:

/mnt/user/appdata/

The appdata and docker.img exist in these paths too. Mover did move them from the array back to the cache I don't get why they are missing now.

EDIT : Deleted docker.img recreated it, reinstalled apps from appstore via reinstall. Now everything is working again i think. Thanks :)

Edited by xxsoulxx
  • Thanks 1