Raid or unraid?

I'm new to unraid. I'm new to computers. I thought the point to this, at least in part, was to creat a redundant storage device to keep important files. But, I've noticed the array drives don't seem to be mirroring each other. In fact, one array drive and the parity drive do seem to be mirroring. Is that right? Screenshot_20220316-091055_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01c9e1f08d0971308e39c11d5ee610b8.jpg

Each parity drive (up to 2 for the forseeable future) can rebuild 1 missing data drive, providing all the other data drives are working properly. Unless you only have parity1 and a single data disk, they aren't going to be mirrored.

Redundancy is for high availability, it allows you to keep using the storage when a single drive fails as well as during the rebuild process.

Redundancy IS NOT BACKUP. It can't recover corrupted files or deleted files, or restore older versions.

For data that is important to you, keeping a copy (or 2 or more) physically separate from your server is needed.

Most people don't back up 100% of what they keep on the server, only the files that are difficult or impossible to recreate. You get to decide how important your files are.