WireGuard Remote access to LAN does not work but remote tunneled does.

As the post says I followed this guide to set up the Wireguard and it works as intended, when outside my home network when I activate the VPN my IP address is changed to my home IP address. As far as I am aware this means it works. However, if I try to access the server UI or any of the containers it just doesnt connect. This make sense as I have it set to remote tunneled access which means it cant assess the local network.

I then tried to make a second peer this time set to remote access to LAN but now it does not connect. Not sure what setting to check or where to go. The whole reason I wanted this was so that I could manage my containers remotely. Here is my set up, the top one called Laptop is the that does not work and the Tunnel Only does. The only difference is that I can see is the working one has a peer DNS server set to host subnet but I don't think that is needed for the other to work. 

I have also tried following the guide posted here and the config looks the same so I don't know what is wrong. 

VPN setup.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 6:29 AM, greencode said:

As the post says I followed this guide to set up the Wireguard and it works as intended, when outside my home network when I activate the VPN my IP address is changed to my home IP address. As far as I am aware this means it works. However, if I try to access the server UI or any of the containers it just doesnt connect. This make sense as I have it set to remote tunneled access which means it cant assess the local network.

I then tried to make a second peer this time set to remote access to LAN but now it does not connect. Not sure what setting to check or where to go. The whole reason I wanted this was so that I could manage my containers remotely. Here is my set up, the top one called Laptop is the that does not work and the Tunnel Only does. The only difference is that I can see is the working one has a peer DNS server set to host subnet but I don't think that is needed for the other to work. 

I have also tried following the guide posted here and the config looks the same so I don't know what is wrong. 

On my WG settings page I have this note when I select tunneled access: "this must be the only peer in the tunnel and sole active tunnel when in use". So according to this, you can't use both at the same time. To me this sounds like a major restriction.

For some reason in my gui most of the settings for tunneled access are different then what is shown in the guide(s). And the eye icon to show and download the peer setting is disabled.