Drives repartitioned and I don't know why

I was testing UnRaid 5beta6a, with 3x2tb seagate barracuda LP drives

all 3 drives passed a pre-clear run without any issues

everything was OK

the 3 drives were partitioned using unaligned partitions, and in the disk preferences on the web GUI, I had pre-selected MBR:Unaligned as the defaut

the array was created and I copied some files to it

this was running for a few days without issues

then, after a cold boot and before the array started, I was exploring the options and decided to change the default mbr option back to MBR:4K Alined

when I started the array, the GUI reported both data drives as UNFORMATTED, and reported their partition as pMBR:4K Aligned

I stopped the array, changed the default mbr option back to MBR:Unaligned, and restarted the array, but it didn't help

I stopped the array again, and tried to run fsck.reiserfs on the disks, but it said there were no reiserfs partitions on the drive

all drives have a PASS Smart status, without any reallocated sectors or pending sectors

fdisk lists the drives and the empty partitions

and all drives were indicating green in the main window

since it was a test server, I didn't care about it and reformatted everything

I was wandering : what did I do wrong ?

Did UnRaid repartitioned the drives ?

Is there a bug in the webGUI ?

Was there a way to recover the data ?

I am not sure if the drives were recognized OK before I change the mbr settings and started the array. If they were not detected as partitioned and formated, would unraid repartition them ?

I dual boot this server changing the boot device, with windows on another sata HD. Could this affect the unraid partitions ? on windows I didn't touched them in any way

Unfortunatelly I don't have the syslogs anymore

thanks in advance

Archived