apcupsd shell scripts overwritten on reboot

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I'm having a problem with a UPS where it very briefly goes offline every minute or two. This is resulting in a notification and an email every time, so my inbox is flooded with these notifications.

I'm not really sure where to go with troubleshooting the 'going offline' problem, so instead I hope to  just get rid of the notifications.

I believe I should be able to do this by editing the shell scripts called by apcupsd when UPS comms is lost or restored, located in /etc/apcupsd. I can edit these scripts, save them, then re-open to confirm the changes were saved, no problem, BUT after a reboot, the scripts have been overwritten and reverted to their original content.

I recall I've seen this behaviour with other config files other than apcupsd before so the solution to this could help me in multiple ways.

Perhaps this is just my linux n00b showing. Please do let me know if that's the case  Thanks in advance!

• Solution

After initial boot Unraid runs from RAM so the /etc location is only in RAM and (as you found) not persistent.  If you want to make such a change persistent then you need to apply it every boot.  This is typically done either by adding appropriate entries in the /config/go file on the flash drive or by using the User Scripts plugin.