How to install Clear An Array Drive script to remove an existing disk from unraid

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi,

I am currently running an a 10 disk setup comprising some 3TB and 4TB disks. I am using Unraid v6.8.3 at the moment. I wanted to remove an existing old 2TB drive from the array and I have tried to follow the wiki page to shrink the array. I can follow up to step 7.

Shrink array - Unraid | Docs

In step 8 - it says to run the "clear an array drive" script from the user script plugin. I have installed the user script plugin but i cant locate this particular "Clear an array drive" script on unraid and It is not shown in the directory /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts.

How do I install this script?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, itimpi said:

There is a link given as part of step 8 to the post where you can get the script.

Thanks. I did that - and I thought that the script has been installed - but the script is not shown in the /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts directory. 

Could it have been installed to another directory? How do I check please? I try to do a whereis command but I couldnt find the script on the nas.

• Solution
1 hour ago, fliptoback said:

Thanks. I did that - and I thought that the script has been installed - but the script is not shown in the /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts directory. 

Could it have been installed to another directory? How do I check please? I try to do a whereis command but I couldnt find the script on the nas.

I think you have to copy/paste it into a new script entry within the User Scripts plugin.