SSH problem and script question

Hi there,

I have recently installed my existing OS on a new machine of a HP Proliant DL80 gen9. This machine is notorious for having loud fans so I have installed the iLO firmware that supports turning the fans down but needs a SSH connection into the iLO(BMO) to run the commands. Current state: If I try to ssh into the iLO from the unraid command line, it gives me an error of "Unable to negotiate with (MY IP) port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1" but will let me ssh into it from the putty docker and in putty from other machines.

Long story short, how can I either: 

1: get the ssh of the regular OS to work with my iLO so I can write a script to automatically run when the system boots

2: write a script to start putty via the command line and do the same commands and then close out putty

I would rather go with option 1 but if it 100% wont work, no biggie! I have tried googling this but no luck with unraid specific solutions.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by yeahsmitty

UPDATE:

I need help sending the inputs after the initial connection. I can get the initial ssh command to take but need to figure out how to send the commands to control the fans.

EXAMPLE: I want to send the command "fan p 1 min 1" and then hit enter

Edited by yeahsmitty
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...