New build - Problems with HDD

I just built my first unRAID server.

I'm using a Biostar A780L3G w/ 2 GB Crucial DDR3 10600 RAM and a Corsair CX500 Power supply.

Initially, I'll be using 2x Seagate ST32000542AS 2TB and 1x Samsung F4.  I have updated the firmware on all 3 HDDs to the latest.  One of the Seagate's is in my current system full of data so I presently installed the 2 fresh drives in the unRAID box.

My problems start right at bootup though.  After the first POST screen, it goes to an AHCI bios screen and it hangs there for quite a while as it detects the 2 installed drives.  After they're detected, unRAID will load but I get errors with the Samsung drive.

May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel:  sda: sda1 (Drive related)
May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel: sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through (Drive related)
May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel: sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk (Drive related)
May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel: ata1: softreset failed (device not ready) (Minor Issues)
May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel: ata1: softreset failed (device not ready) (Minor Issues)
May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel: ata1: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0) (Drive related)
May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel: ata1: limiting SATA link speed to 1.5 Gbps (Drive related)
May 16 07:04:53 Tower kernel: ata1: reset failed, giving up (Minor Issues

When I connect to the unRAID server through the web management page, the Samsung drive is not listed in the Disk Management page, only the Seagate is there.

I have tried swapping cables between the 2 drives and also replacing the cable to the Samsung with no luck.

Am I dealing with a bad drive?  Is there anything else I can do?

I have also attached my syslog.

syslog-2011-05-16.txt

I did switch to a different port on the motherboard but I did not swap the power connector.  I'll try that when I get home.  The one drive I'm having issues with is the one drive I buy online unfortunately.  Unless someone thinks I could be doing something wrong in the BIOS or elsewhere, I'm RMAing it if the power connection isn't the problem.

Drives do come bad from the manuafacture.

Personally i have a ton of F4's. Some in my unraid, some in hardware raids.

Maybe you should try the drive on your desktop, see what happens?

It is also possible your flash went bad. try reflashing?

also, check your motherboard bios is up to date?