Will I loose all my data if i delete everything on config folder?

Hello,

I am having various issues with my Unraid server lately. So I want to reset the unraid to default. I saw a post on the Unraid forum which suggest that deleting everything accept the .key file in config folder will set the Unraid OS to default. But my concern is, will i loose all my data and shares after doing it?

Edited by Lalit
  • Lalit changed the title to Will I loose all my data if i delete everything on config folder?
3 hours ago, Lalit said:

But my concern is, will i loose all my data and shares after doing it

Before trying this make sure you first make a backup of the current contents of the flash drive.

You will have to reassign all your drives so make sure that you have a screenshot of your current assignments as making a mistake could result in data loss if you accidentally assign a data drive to a parity slot.  Alternatively keep the super.dat file from the config folder as this contains the drive assignments if you want to keep the current assignments.

Shares will still be there but will have reverted to default settings.

All other changes to the system will be lost as they will be revert to default values.

• Upvote 1

I have removed the contents of the config folder accept super.dat and .key file. And it boots. But i can't access the server now. Not with the ip or the tower.local.
Is there anything else that i have to do in order to access the server from my computer?

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

You will have to reassign all your drives so make sure that you have a screenshot of your current assignments as making a mistake could result in data loss if you accidentally assign a data drive to a parity slot.  Alternatively keep the super.dat file from the config folder as this contains the drive assignments if you want to keep the current assignments.

I have removed the contents of the config folder accept super.dat and .key file. And it boots. But i can't access the server now. Not with the ip or the tower.local.
Is there anything else that i have to do in order to access the server from my computer?

4 hours ago, itimpi said:

Before trying this make sure you first make a backup of the current contents of the flash drive.

Shares will still be there but will have reverted to default settings.

All other changes to the system will be lost as they will be revert to default values.

Hello, can you please tell me how can i access the server from my computer... I am noob in this whole server situation. So this might sounds dumb to you, but i really need help.