For Sale: Broadcom RAIDCore BC4000 8 Port PCI-X SATA/RAID Controller Card

MurrayW

$50 with free shipping to the US.

I have had this card for several years and used in a traditional hardware RAID system.  When I moved to UNRAID, I changed motherboards and no longer need this card.  Rajahal was very kind to thoroughly test this card for UNRAID compatabilty.  See his extensive write-up here:  http://www.greenleaf-technology.com/Blogs/BlogSoftwareAndHardware/index.php?id=944507679992677930  Here's his conclusion:

Conclusion

I would recommend this Broadcom card without hesitation to any unRAID user with a PCI-X motherboard as a fast and reliable way to gain an extra 8 SATA ports. For someone with a PCI port, all hopes for speed when multiple drive access is needed must be cast to the wind, but reliability is not sacrificed. If you have a desire for a slow and steady card, the Broadcom is a good choice. It has proved itself to be 100% compatible with unRAID and a slew of modern and older motherboards and chipsets. Also keep in mind that in common day-to-day use of your server only a single drive needs to be read or written to and the PCI bus will offer no limitations. Using a cache drive in the server will also help alleviate any painfully slow write performance, as the writes will be deferred until a later time.

I believe this card has its place in the unRAID community, though it may be a little too late to be helpful to most.

Stephen

GreenLeaf-Technology

PM me if you are interested.

thanks,

Murray

Archived