Single drive disabled, tried all I can think of!

Go to solution Solved by Stitch,

I'd like to ask for some assistance... I'm extremely new to unraid/media servers, and have successfully built my server with: 3x 4TB WD Red plus storage drives 1x 4TB WD red plus parity drive 1x 1TB NVME Cache drive.

One of my storage hard drives that has been running perfectly fine for the two weeks i've owned it.... showed disabled last night.

Originally trying to run smart diags for the first time I got back: "Smartctl open device: /dev/sdd failed: No such device"

Reading through forums i've attempted to fix it by stopping my array, starting it without the selected drive, then stop and mount the drive / start the array back; and it shows for a moment as emulated, and read-checks until about 7% and ends with the device disabled again. (2 hours)

I've tried to run SMART DIAGS and don't know how to read it (Other than the "Healthy" piece), I see some people have a gui version of smart diags, which I cannot for the life of me figure out further.

When I pull another smart diag before it disables, i get: https://file.io/ghSHJ3b5oj5J

When it's disabled I get the same: "Smartctl open device: /dev/sdd failed: No such device"

This all in my eyes indicates theres a power issue, I've tried a different sata cable and a different power ribbon, all having the same issues with this single drive.

At this point should I stop my array, purchase a new drive, place it in it's place, and pray that I don't lose any data?
Or any other troubleshooting tips based on the SMART report you can think of?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. ❤️

• Solution

Update: 
I tried for shits and giggles a third sata cable (Original / replacement #1 came from the same package as this third one) - So far it's at 1 hour 30 minutes running the data rebuild. 

Thanks for the assistance, i'll update once this is completed but please let me know if you saw anything alarming on the initial / second diagnostic please? 

tower-diagnostics-20220605-1916.zip