[SOLVED] unraid myMain not agreeing with console information

Hi, Bit of a noob so be gentle.

After much messing about with downloads not working etc, I finally got screen and unmenu installed, and started preclearing my disks. I used the screen command and set all 5 discs clearing.

If I go to the myMain and view the status of the preclearing, it shows only sdb/c/d/f as preclearing. sda shows up with a 'NEW' icon on the left in spiky red. But if I telnet in and use screen to cycle through, they all show as preclearing including sda. sda was the first drive I started preclearing.

Just want to see if there is a known problem with myMain not showing the complete status, or maybe only the most recent 4 entries? Don't want to spend 36 hours preclearing only to find I have another long wait before I can actually start migrating data across.

quick update: the log is saying the following:

May 22 11:50:44 Tower unmenu[1378]: Precleared disk sda not found in drivedb[] (Drive related)

But disk reads/writes are roughly on par with the other drives that are preclearing. attached screenshot

4mqMy.png

Just a quick post to confirm this error in MyMain.  

I have four drives currently preclearing in a test server (two SATA, two IDE), but MyMain only shows the preclear status for drives 2 (/dev/sda), 3 (/dev/hdc) and 4 (dev/hdd) but not for the first drive in the list (/dev/sdb).

In case it's relevant, in my case I am using unRAID 4.7.

On the other hand, it's a great feature to have.  My thanks to bjp999 and Joe L for cooperating to make this available.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick post to confirm this error in MyMain.  

I have four drives currently preclearing in a test server (two SATA, two IDE), but MyMain only shows the preclear status for drives 2 (/dev/sda), 3 (/dev/hdc) and 4 (dev/hdd) but not for the first drive in the list (/dev/sdb).

In case it's relevant, in my case I am using unRAID 4.7.

On the other hand, it's a great feature to have.  My thanks to bjp999 and Joe L for cooperating to make this available.

Same issue here.  I just finished preclearing 3 SATA HD (Seagate A, Hitachi B, WD C).

Everytime I click on "MyMain" menu, I get this message: "Precleared disk sdb not found in drivedb[] (Drive related)."  Also, under the "Usage Notes" column, I do not see a preclear successful for sdb.  Under the "St" column, the sdb is "Unmounted (non-array) Disk."

In the "Syslog" menu, I do see "Precleared disk sdb not found in drivedb[] (Drive related)."  Is "MyMain" reading off of the syslog?  Anyway, I do see in the syslog that sdb was precleared:

== Disk /dev/sdb has been successfully precleared (Misc)

== with a starting sector of 64  (Misc)

== Ran 1 cycle (Misc)

Lastly, I didn't get an email when Preclear finished on sdb; the other two HDs were fine. Update: Wrong email address!

[update]:  I rebooted my unRAID, I don't see "Precleared disk sdb not found in drivedb[] (Drive related)" in the Syslog or in the MyMain menus.  Usage Notes column is now blank as well.