Cannot access shares on Windows 21H2 over SMB

Go to solution Solved by HurracaineIke,

Hello!

I just setup a new unraid server (6.10.3) using a trial license. First time doing this. Hopefully I am just doing something simple wrong.

I cannot get into my shares to copy files over from Windows 10 Home (21H2, 19044.1766), I keep getting error 0X80070035 (The network path was not found) when I try to map the drive. I try mapping "\\Server.IP\Share.Name" and signing in with a new user account (not root) that has read/write access to that secure share.

I am able to access the unraid GUI, I am able to get to "\\Server.IP" or "\\Server.Name" in windows explorer, but it just says the folder is empty.

I tried:

• I created a new user share "BackupStorage" and a user account (with read/write access) to access that secure share.
  • Ran 'Fix Common Problems' plugin (extended test) in unraid but it says nothing is wrong.
  • I have tried adding my credentials manually as well as deleting all unraid credentials in windows credential manager, neither has any effect.
  • I realize it's not best practice, but just for testing I had enabled SMB v1 in windows features, didn't do anything (I disabled it again).
  • Turning on NFS in unraid didn't do anything (I turned it back off).
  • My 'Workstation' and 'TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper' services are enabled and running.
  • My network is set to private and "network discovery" and "file and printer sharing" are set to on (turning off password protected sharing does nothing too, so left that on)
  • I cannot access gpedit.msc from run (Windows Pro feature?).
  • tried to connect while windows firewall was disabled, no change.
  • I am signed into my PC with a windows account so not sure how to make an unraid account with the same credentials as that, therefore I have not tried that fix yet.

I have read other threads here in depth but nothing is working for me. I have attached my diagnostics. Please let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful. I'd really like to get this working! :)

gollumnas-diagnostics-20220621-0815.zip

Edited by HurracaineIke
Added unraid version for clarity
7 minutes ago, HurracaineIke said:

I am signed into my PC with a windows account so not sure how to make an unraid account with the same credentials as that, therefore I have not tried that fix yet.

If you have set a share as Secure (as you have for the share anonymised as B———e) then you MUST have an Unraid user setup with rights to that share.  You must then use the credentials set up for the Unraid user to access the share.   The alternative is to have the security on the Unraid share set as Public so that any user can access the share (using ‘guest’ mode access).