Beep Codes

Hap

Strange, I was hoping for some sort of reply.

I have been searching the Web looking for a site like this that has so many Supermicro Users and I really though I had hit the jackpot.

I don't have anything... and am sure that you can google as well as I can.

Email Supermicro support - they generally respond v. quickly (if somewhat tersely).

You emailed Supermicro tech support and they couldn't tell you?

If they can't I suspect that no-one here can either - typically bleeps during operation mean temperature warnings... check the motherboard log.  Otherwise, I'm all out of suggestions.

Usually the beep codes are BIOS dependent.

Not sure what "customization" SM has done to theirs.

If the board has AMI BIOS then search for AMI beep codes (or AWARD, PHOENIX, etc) or look here - http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm#

Chances are they are not changed.

If the board has UEFI - maybe this one will be usable - http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/hardware/39557-uefi-bios-error-post-codes.html

PS.

I did not pay attention on your hardware configuration - you can try to start with a single RAM module and then expand from there if you need more. Kind of looks unbelievable to support 32GB of unbuffered memory... but if they claim it must be true (or you have to play a lot with all the memory settings and voltages to make it work).

• 2 weeks later...

I have been speaking with our IT folks at work and been trying different things, as in, default the BIOS and starting with only the basic then noting any changes as I add on or remove items- it would seem nothing is really wrong other then maybe new add-on's being recognize by the system. Viewing the Device Manager shows all is up to date and working correctly. So I just going to enjoy the beeps when I boot up..

Thanks for all your help

BTW, I am glad they still make Parallel I/O cards for PCI, I get to keep my work horse HP B/W printer

• 1 month later...

Archived