{SOLVED} Update versions....any limitations?

I've been a happy user of v4.3.3.  Normally I'm one of these people that believe that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  But I've been looking at the bug fixes that have occurred and though they don't bother me in the mediate, it may haunt me in the future.  So I've considered moving up to 4.7 final (I don't want to use beta releases...though they are most likely fine).  I just don't know if I should jump right to 4.7, or should I take intermediate steps and jump a few version before finally getting to 4.7.  

Can anyone foresee an issue if I jump from 4.3.3 right to 4.7, or what should be the best path to take?

Thanks in advance.

4.3.3 4.5.3 has a MAJOR bug, probably one of the worst in unRAID's history.   I hope you are aware of it.  It will not show itself until you go to add a disks you your array, and it only shows itself on some hardware, but it did cause at least one user of unRAID to accidentally format ALL their disks.

Please upgrade off of 4.5.3 4.3.3, or at the very least, if you do add a new disk and see ALL your disks showing as "unformatted," do NOT press the format button.  It WILL FORMAT THEM ALL.

Instead, "stop" the array, then press the "start" button and only the one new disk should show as unformatted.  Then it is safe to press the format button.

upgrade to 4.7. there is no need to go through intermediate versions.

Edit: got 4.3.3. confused in my mind with 4.5.3.  4.5.3 had the serious bug, not 4.3.3.

Joe L.

DOH!!!!  :o ...and it's been running so well for me  :o

Thanks Joe.  I never noticed that, and I've added/swapped plenty of drives as I've upgraded in size.  Never noticed that bug, and I just cleared and formated a drive last night.  :o

I'll be upgrading tonight.

Thanks again.

DOH!!!!  :o ...and it's been running so well for me  :o

Thanks Joe.  I never noticed that, and I've added/swapped plenty of drives as I've upgraded in size.  Never noticed that bug, and I just cleared and formated a drive last night.   :o

I'll be upgrading tonight.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry..  It was 4.5.3 that had the issue, not 4.3.3.  I mis-read your post.  See, you missed all the excitement. 4.5.3, ran well, and I never saw it here either, but it was pretty serious for others.  It was a race condition on some hardware...  The disks were not mounted and all showed as unformatted because of it.  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=6206.0

You are/were fine on your release, and likely will be on 4.7 too.  Many improvements in it.

Archived