Lost Config After USB Failure

My USB stick failed recently and I don’t have a valid backup of it or the contents or config (I know, I know). There are 28 disks in the array and I have them all physically numbered so I know which is which.

After booting from a new USB Im obviously back at a fresh UnRAID install. What are my options for re-adding the disks and starting the array without losing anything on them? Im ok with re-doing the UnRAID settings/containers/et cetera, but definitely don’t want to lose anything from the array.

Thanks.

Just assign your disks as they were. It is very important that you not assign any data disk to any parity slot, or it will be overwritten by parity.

Safer approach would be to assign only data drives and not assign any parity, until you check that all data drives are mountable. Then you can assign parity.

If you are certain parity is valid, you can avoid rebuilding parity by doing New Config before assigning parity, then check the parity valid box before starting the array. You should do a parity check anyway since mounting the data drives without parity might make them slightly out-of-sync.