Upgrade to 6.10.3 GPU Shuts Down

I'm at wits end guys, I really am. I've googled everything and tried everything and nothing works :/.

• Everything is running fine on 6.9
  • Upgraded to 6.10.3 and nothing worked
  • Discovered I need a motherboard bios update, so updated to ASUS latest bios
  • Put append pcie_acs_override=multifunction video=efifb:off initrd=/bzroot in syslinux.cfg
  • After I start VM primary GPU shuts down after about a minute with "Cannot power on device, stuck in D3" in the error log
  • Tried vbios from Techpowerup with NVIDIA header removed

I would assume this problem is related to Unraids update or bios update because everything was fine prior to updating Unraid and my bios. It could be coincidental that the GPU just happened to die, but I don't think so because it will display the bios screen for hours without shutting down?.

Additionally, the GPU in the bottom most slot is code 43 and nothing I do fixes that either, I don't know if that's related somehow? 

I've tried rolling back bios and Unraid without any luck.

Taking into consideration that it's shutting down, could this be due to the ASPM setting bios being incorrectly set? Should it be disabled, bios controlled or OS controlled?.

I'd try Q35 instead of i440fx only I don't know how to configure the bus/slots

Please help, I need this PC up and running for University.

I don't want to RMA the GPU because that takes weeks and I suspect that Unraid or BIOS is the culprit. RMAing is a big job because it invloves dismantling a cooling loop, replacing the air cooler theeen send it back.

Peter

16 hours ago, PeteyBoPetey said:

I'd try Q35 instead of i440fx only I don't know how to configure the bus/slots

Switching a VM between these is always a mess since i440fx uses a legacy PCI topology with PCIe stuff just stuck on top of it (which works fine in my experience despite being a nonsensical layout) and Q35 simulates an actual PCIe layout. I find it a lot easier to just make a whole new VM and add in the missing pieces than to change the VM machine type.

As you know I have some similar problems that prevent me from running 6.10.3. I never tried this, but when I was doing a vbios dump with space invader one's guide today some one used this option to get the dump script to work. Adding this to syslinux.cfg: vfio-pci.disable_idle_d3=1

Probably won't work but the option title is prescient sounding at least.