Docker looses ability to use 2nd NIC to do br1 after move

Hi All,

I'm moving my unraid server to different hardware.  I'm virtualizing unraid and passing through HBAs, GPU, etc.  All of it is working fine.  If I pass through the NIC's that unraid was using, everything continues to work as normal, but unfortunately, passing through 2 of the 4 server NICs is causing instability.  The way around that is to just use port groups and assign vswitches with their own NICs.  I can do this just fine and unraid sees the NICs and networking is fine on the first one, and second NIC, but the only thing that isn't working is the docker network when trying to do a br1 to an IP on the network. It is not vmware related, I had this issue ages ago when I swapped bare metal hardware and I can't remember how I fixed it.

On current hardware everything is working as it should.  I can go into my docker containers and choose br1 and then give an IP address and it works.  On the new setup, no matter what settings I do, I cannot get br1 to "talk" to the gateway, even though all the settings are the same.  At the end of the day, there are still two NICs being used by unraid and the only thing that's really changed is the MAC addresses.. 

I've been using unraid for ages.. I'm wondering if there isn't a setting "stuck" somewhere.. I've even go as far as deleting the network.cfg file and trying to start over, but I'm convinced that there is a setting, or routing that is somewhere I can't see that may need to be reset.  I am attaching screenshots of the current hardware.  I am willing to destroy all networking everywhere if I have to to reset things, just need to know where to do it.

Any help is appreciated!

Jack

ur eth1.PNG

ur routing.PNG

docker container example.PNG

docker settings.PNG

ur eth0.PNG

14 minutes ago, zenmak said:

I'm virtualizing unraid and passing through HBAs, GPU, etc.  All of it is working fine.

I moved your post to the proper area, as virtualizing Unraid is not officially supported so very few people are doing it. It's not forbidden or anything, just the pool of users that have experience with issues in virtualized Unraid is rather small. Hopefully by moving your post to the correct area people with experience can help.