Struggling with Wireguard/VPN Setup and Google Wifi

I just built a new server (running Version 6.11.0-rc3) and thought that it would be a great time to get a proper VPN setup for my stuff. I tried following Spaceinvader One's tutorial using duckdns, but had some issues yesterday when I would turn the VPN on couldn't access it from the computer I had added as a node. I tried using PIA (which I purchased 3 years of before seeing elsewhere it's not really supported by Unraid's Wireguard implementation) and the scripts that have been posted elsewhere to set that up, but still couldn't get it quite right. After that trouble, I thought I had turned it all off then, so I could figure it out later.

For further background, I've got Google Wifi pucks for my wifi at home (vers 1, with one puck as the router and the server hardwired to another puck in the basement), and Google's app isn't the greatest for networking configuration. Previously I had been able to access the server remotely from work through the my servers plugin, but today I am getting a "This Site Can't Be Reached" error (despite remote access showing available). As a note, I've never been able to access my dockers' WebGUIs from the Unraid dashboard if I am outside my home network. I don't know if this is by design or because I've set something up incorrectly (or haven't set it up at all). 

I can still access Plex, but I get the "not directly connected" error, so I assume I either left the VPN running or have misconfigured something elsewhere. 

Anyone got any tips? Maybe something obvious that I'm just not doing? Or maybe it's an issue with how Google's Wifi pucks work? 

Admittedly, I get pretty confused over how this all works, so I'm probably doing something wrong, but hopefully I won't get pilloried for this question. I'm new to all this so this is me learning by doing.

Thanks!