How to migrate unraid from Vmware Workstation to physical server without data loss?

I'm now using unraid in VMware Workstation on windows 10. I give the unraid direct access to my physical disks using VMware Workstation's abilities . And I want to migrate unraid from Vmware Workstation to physical server without data loss. 

I have tried to just boot the unraid directly without any other changement or configuration. It can boot successfully. But it fails to recognize the disks as the same disks direct access before through VMware Workstation (it says too many wroing and/or mising disks). I now have no idea what I can do to reach my aim.
I wonder how does unraid recognize the disks、 how I can config the VMware Workstation to let the virtual disk and the physical be the same to the unraid (I do have 2 Parity and so I can edit the disk one by one without data loss) or whether I can edit the super.dat of unraid or whether there is any other suggestions.

Edited by fenghengzhi
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Assuming the disks are being completely passed-through and just the names changed you can do a new config and re-assign all disks to their original slots.

Thank you for replay

According to my observation, the VMware Workstation seems to do not passed-through the disk completely, but it may passed-through the storage data completely.

The unraid get the disk info as below

Identification:	  VMware_Virtual_SATA_Hard_Drive_02000000000000000001 (sdd)
Device model:    VMware Virtual SATA Hard Drive
Serial number:   02000000000000000001

Does the doing a new config action keep the docker data?

Edited by fenghengzhi

New config would keep all data if the disk is being passed completely, you need to know the actual disk positions, then you could test, if it doesn't work you can always go bak to VMware, going to move this to the virtualizing Unraid subforum, might get more help there from other VMware users.

• Like 1