Plex Database performance issues

I've been a plex user for 8 years. My collection is extensive and as such my Database is enormous. 113MB, to be exact, but (jokes aside) the issue is nothing I have done has really improved the user experience enough to satisfy my wife.

I switched from the Hotio container to the Binhex one and saw a huge performance improvement. I then replaced my gen4 WD Black (WD is a bunch of frauds) nvme with two gen3 Team MP34 2TB NVMe drives in a RAID 0. I take weekly backups, so I'm not hugely concerned about data loss.

The two drives in a RAID 0 (stripe) helped, but it's still nearly a 30 second delay for the library to load. 

I've installed Jellyfin and it's instaneous in it's response. 

I've cleaned and optimized the plex database as much as I could, does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix my Plex database performance issues? 

4 minutes ago, eagle470 said:

Not silly, appletv 4k 2021 and roku ultra 4k 2022

as well as testing in my browser

So I can tell you from personal experience the the Roku and Apple TV have always been horribly slow on my personal set up. We recently bought a new tv for our bed room and it runs android tv and everything load instantly. I wanted to test this further I borrowed an nvidie shield from my brother in law and it to loaded 10 times faster then the Roku and Apple TV. I’m also running wired network. 

Just now, macros the black said:

So I can tell you from personal experience the the Roku and Apple TV have always been horribly slow on my personal set up. We recently bought a new tv for our bed room and it runs android tv and everything load instantly. I wanted to test this further I borrowed an nvidie shield from my brother in law and it to loaded 10 times faster then the Roku and Apple TV. I’m also running wired network. 

I almost bought an nvidia shield. Honestly jellyfin works way better, we’ll probably move to that

1 hour ago, macros the black said:

I always say happy wife happy life if she likes the jelly fin the you may have a winner. Mine just made me spend 1200 buck to fix our plex cuz she’s addicted to plex.

Its funny because we used to have a roku, I switched to apple for better privacy. Now I’m back to roku and it sucks

1 hour ago, macros the black said:

I always say happy wife happy life if she likes the jelly fin the you may have a winner. Mine just made me spend 1200 buck to fix our plex cuz she’s addicted to plex.

What did you spend $1200 on? 
i mean I dropped nearly $2000 on 18TB exos drives this year, super worth it to get my parity check time down and general performance up.

Edited by eagle470
1 hour ago, eagle470 said:

What did you spend $1200 on? 
i mean I dropped nearly $2000 on 18TB exos drives this year, super worth it to get my parity check time down and general performance up.

We started having our server crash randomly and I couldn’t pin point it even with help from the forums. I basically ended up replacing everything but hard drives and the case. 

21 minutes ago, macros the black said:

We started having our server crash randomly and I couldn’t pin point it even with help from the forums. I basically ended up replacing everything but hard drives and the case. 

I had similar issues. Went to replace the MOBO and when I lifted the noctua cpu cooler off the procession came with it.

never again gigabyte, never again

Edited by eagle470