Unraid version of Reverse SSH tunnel

secs

Hey all.

After many years of having a public IP available to me as my main incoming address I look like shifting to a new provider that doesnt allow any incoming. So I have been playing around. Currently I have a $5 a month Linode VPS and I use a RPI in my network to create a reverse SSH tunnel and route various ports on my Linode to various IPs and ports on my unraid servers etc. I use autossh and a command line that is growing in length. What I like about it is even though the SSH tunnel is created on the RPI when the traffic comes in I can send it to whatever machine I want and not necessarily the RPI itself. For my web servers I run NGINX on the VPS and simply proxy it to a different port for each domain and then at the rpi end send it wherever. Incoming mail goes to a different IP address.

I did a quick search around the forum and didnt find what I am looking for so I chose this forum

IS there a better way? I used to have a site to site VPN running and was thinking of doing that but not sure if I can sned to different IP's or just the machine the VPN is on?

What are your suggestions?

I'm in exactly your spot right now, being forced do run my internet connection at home over LTE.

You COULD run an OpenVPN-server on your VPS, connect to it with your RPI and route all the incoming traffic on your VPS through the VPN-tunnel through the RPI to your private network.

I've plunged hours into that solution, without getting the routing to work properly.

I'm now on a pretty similar solution to yours, connecting from a VM on my server via Reverse SSH to a VPS and forwarding all the ports needed.

My problem: I can't get UDP-forwarding to work...