Weird behavior on Network side. Plex using different IP

BinAdhed

Good day good people, 

I am using unraid version 6.10.3

I have two issues that are annoying, and probably causing me some issues with plex remote access.

Inside plex, in the remote access page, it shows the default host IP of my NIC im using for CCTV (192.168.99.2) the host ip (192.168.52.2) on eth0 (not named eth0 instead br0, in the logs it keeps changing names) which I already set in both plex options in the app itself and within the container settings on docker page, but it still uses the other IP mentioned above so it is causing plex apps outside the network not to connect, only the web based plex works when I access from outside the network.

so the second issue might also be the same as the first, in the logs, and in pfsense I keep seeing logs of shim-br0 trying to hijack eth0 ip, and it goes back and forth every few seconds at times. I am not so sure how to reset these settings without breaking something, I've been using unraid only for one year which is when I started my homelab journey. 

I hope that there is nothing that I am missing, I tried to look everywhere, but couldn't find anything in regards to plex issue and default IP of NIC being used as Host for plex container.

Thanks! 

unraid-diagnostics-20220911-2207.zip

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, jmztaylor said:

What network is plex container using?

bridge network of unraid network on eth0, that is what I set originally and never changed or altered. 

But plex on docker page shows port assignment as question marks instead of 32400.

in the web interface it points to the bridge of the other active ethernet port, I'm away from the server at the moment but I think it was eth4. 

in the network page I already set eth0 as default. 

so I'm still trying to figure out the issue. 

Everything works but sometimes the application does not work as expected and is slow to load but from the web everything seems fine even though it points to the wrong bridge

4 hours ago, BinAdhed said:

bridge network of unraid network on eth0, that is what I set originally and never changed or altered. 

But plex on docker page shows port assignment as question marks instead of 32400.

in the web interface it points to the bridge of the other active ethernet port, I'm away from the server at the moment but I think it was eth4. 

in the network page I already set eth0 as default. 

so I'm still trying to figure out the issue. 

Everything works but sometimes the application does not work as expected and is slow to load but from the web everything seems fine even though it points to the wrong bridge

My plex container is set to host network.  I do not remember if I had a specific reason to do that or not.  But it won't hurt to try that.  It should at least force it to use the same IP as the unraid server.  I am thinking that its just a network config issue.  

On 9/29/2022 at 6:39 PM, jmztaylor said:

My plex container is set to host network.  I do not remember if I had a specific reason to do that or not.  But it won't hurt to try that.  It should at least force it to use the same IP as the unraid server.  I am thinking that its just a network config issue.  

apologies, I am actually using host not bridge, I probably said that because I tried setting to bridge and the issue didn't resolve, but yeah it is host and that is what made freak out when I was trying to solve this when I saw that even though it's set to host, plex says it is pointing to the other IP. 

either way I will virtualize unraid, I think that will make things much easier and cleaner. 

Thank you for the reply though I appreciate your time. 

• 2 months later...