plex + custom network = upnp/dlna not available

droopie

im not sure where to post this in the forum. i have an oculus quest that uses bigscreen app to watch 3d movies on via plex's upnp/dlna service. i have port forwarded all the ports given on discord and have upnp/dlna enabled on my router. the issue is, when i change plex to custom network, plex's upnp/dlna isnt found. when i change it to bridge, it finds the plex server fine. how can i fix this besides manually changing each time since i followed the hardlinks guide to make everything compatible with plex?

Edited by droopie
  • Like 1
  • droopie changed the title to plex + custom network = upnp/dlna not available
  • 6 months later...
On 9/23/2022 at 7:07 PM, droopie said:

im not sure where to post this in the forum. i have an oculus quest that uses bigscreen app to watch 3d movies on via plex's upnp/dlna service. i have port forwarded all the ports given on discord and have upnp/dlna enabled on my router. the issue is, when i change plex to custom network, plex's upnp/dlna isnt found. when i change it to bridge, it finds the plex server fine. how can i fix this besides manually changing each time since i followed the hardlinks guide to make everything compatible with plex?

I have exact same issue, the plex DLNA doesnt work!

3 minutes ago, sonisame said:

I have exact same issue, the plex DLNA doesnt work!

i was never able to get help with this. so what i have to do is switch it when i want to use dlna but it breaks everything like tautulli. i also sometimes forget to change it back. 

3 hours ago, sonisame said:

I wish Plex gets directly supported on Oculas, I hate DLNA thingy...

yea i dont like using bigscreen with dlna but its the only option to watch full-sbs 3d movies. if the custom network for unraid would work, i would be happy with it as its something. but its just another step back. i just wish i found a way to watch MVC 3d on the quest.