Plex Network Settings - allow unauthenticated connections

I have Plex installed on my unRaid server and will be without internet for some unknown period of time.. until they re-string the cable line where a tree recently removed it.  

I was trying to change the server settings to allow local connections without authentication so at least we can watch Plex content in the house.  Since the server cant see the internet, I'm not having to do this manually if i can.  

I did read at https://www.howtogeek.com/303282/how-to-use-plex-media-server-without-internet-access/

There is a configuration/preferences file that contains "allowedNetworks" and adding the range "192.168.68.1/255.255.255.0" will let any local address work.  

Then I see for Linux installed plex the preferences / settings are in "Preferences.xml"

I found that file on unRaid, but nothing within it for "allowednetworks"

So.... does anyone know how to manually change Plex on UnRaid to allow local connections without authentication?  

Edited by TODDLT
  • TODDLT changed the title to Plex Network Settings - allow unauthenticated connections
  • 1 month later...