Old User - New Build Questions

I currently have on unraid nas build. Works very well. I need to start a new build, running out of room on old nas. I was going back and forth on building vs buying. I know building you get more bang for the buck. I also saw where users would have issue with the prebuilt NAS devices, with getting their data if the device back plane would fail. So that has prompted the following question for my new build.

1. If the computer hardware fails (not the drives), am I able to move my drives to a new computer, with unraid installed and import the drives into the new build, and not loose my data? If so, can you provide a link on how that process would happen with Unraid.

Thank you

CR 

If you move the flash drive at the same time then the new build should 'just work' once the drives are plugged in.  The Unraid licence and all settings move with the flash drive.

The only caveat is if you have drives attached on either build via a RAID controller then more might be required.  This is because Unraid recognises drives via their serial numbers and RAID controllers may not pas these through unchanged.