Unraid 6.9.2 issues with UI and DNS hostname

kstr
Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hey guys, I have a bind9 DNS server set up in a docker on my NAS, which I am using to reach services in my internal network using hostnames instead of IPs. All traffic is goes to Nginx proxy manager which I have set up to redirect the traffic to the corresponding port.

Current setup works perfectly for all services except of some small issues with the Unraid GUI. I can access the GUI from my network no problem by visiting the hostname I've set up (unraid.internal.xxx.com). Even though most functionality is working I am noticing the following problems with the GUI:

1. When updating dockers, the pop up window that shows the progress pops up but remains blank and it never shows that it finishes. I have to wait a bit and refresh the page. This does not happen when connecting via the IP. The issue happens even when updating any docker (not the DNS server or nginx proxy manager).
  2. I can access the unraid terminal using the hostname. When I click the terminal button a new window opens up (http://unraid.internal.xxx.com/webterminal/) which never loads. Same if I manually browse to the link. When using IPs the terminal works fine.
  3. And last and most weird issue has to do with the widgets I've got going on. I am using the stock widget to monitor CPU usage and also the GPU statistics plugin to monitor the GPU. When accessing the UI through the hostname the CPU widget does not work (just sits at 0%) while the GPU widget is working. When accessing the UI through the IP, it's the other way around, the CPU widget works just fine while the GPU widget does not (shows 0%).

Any ideas what the fix for my issues might be?