Offline Activation

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi,

I have purchased an Unraid licence to go on a storage server primarily to run as a device backup system. My server doesn't have a network connection, and never really will. I couldn't install the Basic.key via the link because of this so I placed the Basic.key into the /config/ directory as this is where I believe it lives.

Since doing this, I am unable to see any drives, half the UI is also being funky. Is this not the correct way to go about doing this? If so, is there a guide for offline activation as I don't intent to connect these devices to the network.

Thanks,

Harvey

• Solution
5 minutes ago, hlong-sbe said:

e to go on a storage server primarily to run as a device backup system. My server doesn't have a network connection, and never really will. I couldn't install the Basic.key via the link because of this so I placed the Basic.key into the /config/ directory as this is where I believe it lives.

Assuming you mean on the flash drive then as long as the .key file is for that specific flash drive it is the correct thing to do.

5 minutes ago, hlong-sbe said:

Since doing this, I am unable to see any drives, half the UI is also being funky

Not quite sure why you should be seeing this.  You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread so we have a chance to see what is going on.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Assuming you mean on the flash drive then as long as the .key file is for that specific flash drive it is the correct thing to do.

Not quite sure why you should be seeing this.  You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread so we have a chance to see what is going on.

Yeah, I was on the flash drive. I did it on my laptop. Downloaded the key from the link, and pasted it into /config/

I am having issues exporting the diag.zip file, it just endlessly loads. I will try again shortly, just need to take the rack out the cab.

Problem solved:

No idea why, but when I try access the gui through a router, it glitches the UI. If I jump locally to one of the devices in the cabinet and go to the 192.168.x.x address - its fine. Weird bug, probably just needs some setting tweaked somewhere but all working - and activated. Thanks for the help to make sure I was doing things right!