After some cable swaps, now missing a Disk (but only because Unraid is seeing 2 different disks as the same disk?)

Go to solution Solved by DontWorryScro,

I've had a plethora of issues after updating to 6.11.1.  To be fair these were most likely pre-existing and the reboot is what brought things to light.  Initially I was getting read/write errors on my Disk 11 while it would usually not show up at all on reboot.  I swapped position of the mini sas breakout connectors and sata power connectors with the other drives in that cluster of drives in my DAS and it seemed to have fixed it. Until it didn't.  Thought maybe I'll just need to replace the drive so in the meantime I removed it from the array and shrunk it to not include disk 11 (it was empty anyways).  Made a New Config without Disk 11 but preserved all assignments and Unraid set on rebuilding parity for the next couple days.  Then I started getting similar errors on Disk 10.  Chalked this up to potentially bad cables.  So I replaced the cable from the HP expander of the DAS to my NAS and also the breakout cables for the 4 drives that belonged to the problematic cluster.  On reboot, I now have a disk on a completely different part of the DAS showing up as missing.  Oddly, when I look in midnight commander I see that Disk 21 is present.  But when looking in Disk Location I can see that Disk 21 is being identified as Disk 20 now.  So I have two disks in my array that, according to Disk Location, are showing as Disk 20.  It seems the more steps I take to fix whatever is going on with my server the deeper in the hole I fall.  I fear I'm about to tank my entire server and could sure use some assistance here.  thanks.  Diagnostics attached.

unknown.thumb.png.de9466d49ae04b3115657b80c78e937a.png

snuts-diagnostics-20221024-1147.zip

• Solution

i had added an SSD to a loose hanging breakout connector and sata power in the DAS so that i could prep it to replace my other app data ssd. looks like unraid did not appreciate me adding another drive. maybe i hit some sort of connection threshold on the expander or controller or who knows what. removing the SSD drive got my Disk 21 back.  unfortunately i now need to allow it to rebuild data for the next 2 or 3 days.